Tech Tips – HVAC School For HVAC Techs, By HVAC Techs (Refrigeration as well)
- Impacts of Compression on Temperature
Many in our industry can misunderstand the differences between temperature and heat, although these are related. Substances are composed of many moving […]
- Refrigeration Without Refrigerant
We just wrote about rejecting heat to the atmosphere via radiant cooling. That’s one example of cooling without refrigerants, but there are quite a few […]
- What is Net Refrigeration Effect (NRE)?
Net refrigeration effect (NRE) is the quantity of heat that each pound of the refrigerant absorbs in the refrigerated space to produce useful cooling. That’s […]
- How to Send Heat to Outer Space – What Ancients Knew That You Don’t
You likely already know a bit about radiant heating from your education and work in the HVAC industry. Science textbooks like to use the sun and campfires as […]
- What is Compressor Volumetric Efficiency?
Simply stated, a compressor’s volumetric efficiency (VE) is a compressor’s ability to pump the most pounds of refrigerant over time. The compressor’s […]